Sunday 15 April 2012

Print day at the Curwen

It's over a month since I wrote a post; I've had a really uncreative period and am hoping with Spring blossoming all around me my creativity will too! My March print day with my group at the Curwen was fun as usual, here are the rest of the group; there are 6 of us.


Maria and Kate, both screen printing Queens......


I only managed to get a photo of Jacque as she was packing up.....


Mike talking to Sue Jones, our tutor, and Jenny in the background....


and Jenny working out on the etching press!

I played around with some mono prints using fabrics and stencils of cups and jugs. Basically you ink up your metal plate and plonk/carefully place bits of fabric/stencilson before putting though the etching press using slightly damp paper; you can over print, take a pale 'ghost' print etc. and of course anything you end up with is unique.


    I chose a pinky red and grey inks.......
just before lifting the stencils off a print.... 


and a print using the inky stencils and scrim, shame the jug isn't clearer but it was fun playing around.


I ended up with 2 or 3 prints I will mount and/or frame.....




A jug and cups series I think, and a few prints to work on next time....like this one...


and I ended up with some scrim and stencils that I can use for a collage maybe?......


all good fun!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely monoprints Anna. I particularly like that cherry red colour with them. I hear you're going on a book course soon so will we see some of these prints incorporated into a sketchbook maybe? Glad you got your creativity mojo back and look forward to seeing more soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.