Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Quilts completed!

I finished my big and little quilts a couple of weeks ago, a satisfying end to a fun project.
 They both have the same striped backing material and edges bound in black.

I've made 4 pockets on the back  for Barney to put his favourite little toys in.

This quilt is a little premature, as Barney is still  in his cot, so it will live at my house for a while.

Below is the little one I made for Barney's soft  toy doll, Max, who has a little wooden bed  shared with various other toys; I've used some of the same fabrics, again with a little pocket.
My first attempt at free machining on anything that mattered!

I had to look in my old school needlework folder to remind myself how to work blanket stitch....a long time since I did any embroidery!

I've been ill for over a week with a lousy cold, but yesterday felt a little better and did some screenprinting. Thinking about a small piece with a trees/ wood theme... in black and yellow, not sure why...maybe because of the lack of sun outside...

over printed in grey....

first playing around....more fun ahead.

Monday, 11 March 2013

Another lino class

We had more fun a week ago when 3 people came to my latest lino printing class; Rebekah had come before and Ann and Paula were new to lino cutting.

An intense, busy day of learning and much discussion produced lovely prints.

Ann's charming print of William, her cat, star gazing through the window,

Rebekah's abstract flowers and a sample piece,

and Paula's bold flowers...

Discussions are a big part of the day....

that's the great value in taking part in a course, we all learn a lot from each other.

Recently I used my new Gelli plate for the first time, printing on  fabric

and paper.

It was fun to play with no outcome in mind although I'm more used to working with some project in mind.
I stamped over some of the papers.

The fabrics could end up in quilting projects and the papers be used for book covers and collage  if I end up with any I really like!