Barney's quilt is well under way, I decided on modern log cabin squares, making up 2 squares of the same fabrics. It was going to be 18 squares but I had so many lovely fabrics that I ended up with 28! I've chosen picture fabrics for the middles; animals, birds, letters, numbers and boats plus plain black and red and black and red 'graphic' fabrics (lines and spots). At this stage I just made up squares I liked with no definite plan for the finished quilt. Machining the pieces in strips makes it quite a speedy process.
lots of lovely squares to play with!
One day when I needed a break from the quilt I played with some screen printed fabics to make a couple of sketch book covers. I cut out and fused the birds and suns onto the tree fabric and then quilted it....
....and made it into a cover, quilted in black and yellow; here's the front...
...and the back. A bit of fun.
While on a roll, I'd wondered what to do with a piece of linen I'd printed with my modern trees. I made it into a simply quilted cover for my new small sketchbook that goes with me in my handbag.
With the small piece left over I made a needle case, again edged with black shiny bias binding.