Thursday 20 December 2012

Another fun lino printing class

Last month I held another lino cutting and printing class in my studio. Louise, Pippa and Nettie joined me for an introduction day. I'm really enjoying sharing my passion for lino cutting: I find the whole process exciting; from the designing, cutting, mixing inks, inking the block, choosing the paper and then that moment of lifting the corner of the paper......


Cutting your design takes a lot of concentration.
  Busy, busy, busy.....
                                         
                                                                         
                                    
Nettie's bamboo


Pippa's landscape.....


and Louise's winter tree. All different, all their own work and lovely results... very exciting!


4 comments:

  1. You must be delighted to have such creative students and how lucky they are to have a great teacher! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely results! One day I will come and do this with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so lovely! It has been years since I did a lino cut, but I remember how much fun they always were to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what fun! Wish I lived closer, but I think I've probably got enough on the go just now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.