On Friday I was booked to do an open access day at the Curwen; after the somewhat frustrating day on Tuesday with my wren prints I was looking forward to making progress with the aerial view. I cut away parts of the lino key block to allow the 2nd colour to print on it's own, rather than over the 1st colour. Normally, the key block would be the darkest colour, printed last. I did it the other way round.
I had intended to print the 1st colour as a lime green with the 2nd colour as red, the third a blue. Instead I mixed a lovely grey as the main colour with red as the 2nd. I like the grey and red together.
I then overprinted the blue, with a transparent ink that I mixed. I don't like the colours particularly, but was thinking the sky and river should be blue! I didn't ink up evenly enough, finding that the transparent ink behaves differently from the opaque inks. So a bit of an experiment and a lot learnt!