Wednesday 1 July 2015

Walking in Cornwall

After arriving in heavy rain at Penzance and nearly getting blown away by force 6 winds, it didn't bode well for 9 days walking part of the south west coast path. We set off the next morning in full waterproof gear!
Luckily, the rain stopped by 11 and the day gradually brightened and layers came off as it warmed up.
Newlyn is still a busy fishing town.

Wild flowers everywhere, the sun shining, beautiful views and hardly anyone around., wonderful!
I loved this beach of huge boulders like giant stepping stones, fun to walk across.
A small scabious and masses of thrift.
I loved the spectacular views, the silence, the wind cooling me down, the towering cliffs, the many shades of blue in the sea, changing all the time. Just stunning, I felt so lucky to be strolling along in such a beautiful area.
My friend Sue and friendly dog we met along the way.
The ruined buildings in the tin mining area were interesting, no sign of a certain person galloping by.....
My favourite, so atmospheric. We sat and had our lunch here, then walked the path over the hill... more next time.
Cambridge Open Studios is here again and I'm opening my studio all 4 weekends in Juy. Very busy getting ready, new prints, new designs on tea towels, aprons and cushions and lampshades.
Birds and Flowers
New mugs and coasters
A new lampshade and lanterns
More cards to pack, framing, dusting, tidying, hanging... two days to go,
looking forward to meeting more lovely people.
I nearly forgot to mention this fabulous book
I have copies to sell at my studio, I haven't photographed my pages yet but one of my designs is in the introduction.

1 comment:

  1. Hope it all goes well for you this weekend Anna. Your cCornwall trip sounds just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.