Wednesday 12 November 2014

Printing ready for Christmas Open Studios

I've been printing fabric to make cushions for my Christmas Open Studio weekends.

First the cutting fabric from the roll and marking up where I want my central images.


This time I was printing hares in black, grey and red. 
Here on tea towels and here are the cushion pieces. 
I've also been cutting a new lino block, a hare in the summer to complete my hare series. 
Now finished and ready to print along with a small lino block of Hare and Moon. 
 
I cut a stencil to screen print some backgrounds for the hare print. 
Screen printing in progress
and the results 
I can never decide which process I like best, so I often combine screen printing and lino cutting.
I hope to have time to print the block on top of the screen printed background soon.
Meanwhile I've been hand colouring my other hare print. The original edition is sold out. It's fun to be painting again and I enjoy mixing and playing with different colours. 
Now to make up the cushions!

6 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I hope the weekend goes well. I'll be away teaching... Again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do hope all goes well, your hares should leap out of the studio, having persuaded happy folks to part with coin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks wonderful Anna. You've been working so hard by the look of it. Hope it's a sell out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna your prints with hares are so beautifully made, love your work, thanks for sweet comment on my blog. Merry Christmas.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to your site before and I forgot how much I enjoyed your lino cuts. Now I have you on Feedly - easier to find. Wonderful art.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.